Please consider the type if use of the selected surface materials, together wiuth other consideration sin regards to its texture will have different advantages compared to a rough surface texture. Glossy surface finish are not recommended for heavy-duty applications such as coutertops. Meanwhile, dark color may enhance surface scratches, finger prints and marring.
High pressure laminate is designed for beauty and durable, that it is easy to be maintained by ordinary care. However, it can be damaged due to abuse or careless handling. Here are some precautions to be aware of :
- Do not chop, slice, pound or hammer on any laminate surface. Heavy impact caused by falling dishes, cans or utensils may result in chipping and/or cracking of the laminate surface.
- Cookware still hot from the stove or oven, as well as electric skillets, waffle irons, curling irons and hot rollers should not be placed directly on the laminate surface. use a trivet, insulated hot pad or other protective padding beneath all hot cookware, hear generating appliances or other heated objects.
- Do not allow burning cigarette to remain in contact with the laminate surface.
- Do not use the steel wool or abrasive pads on laminate surface and do not store your steel wools on countertop to avoid metal rush stains.
- Do not use cleaning agents containing harsh chemicals on laminate surface because this may cause permanent damage. If spills occur, wipe out immediately, wash surface with soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
- Do not use cleaning agents that contain the high acid content.